Digital photography and imaging - Week 4
-15/10/2025(Week 4)
-Takeguchi Shunta/0386416/Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
LECTURE
Introduction to Adjustment Layer and Filters in Photoshop. I did not fully understand the difference between each adjustment layer, so I want to try using it and find out.
TUTORIAL
Explanation for Match lighting, Adjustment layers, Filter, and Pen Tool in Photoshop. In the video above, I could learn how to fix skin tone in a selected object, and skin tone makes a different appearance to the viewer.
EXERCISE
1. Placing Shazam into the Hearst Mansion background
Final work
Since there was a thoughtful instruction, it was not hard to finish this task. I learned that it is necessary to imagine a specific perspective and add elements, such as how shadows are formed and how reflections appear on the water surface.
2. Placing your picture into the Hearst Mansion background
Original picture
Final work
My original picture had a bright sunshine highlight, so it was necessary to tone the brightness down and make it fit the background. There is a shadow covering the body in the original photo, so I devised a way to add a shadow that mimics that shadow.
3. Recoloring the black and white picture demo
Original picture
Final work
At first, I was struggling with layers and mask structure; however, I found that this task is straightforward once I understood the process. Adjusting the masks with various tools was sometimes a burden, but I realized that by paying attention to the details, I was able to create texture and a more realistic three-dimensional effect.
4. Recoloring the black and white picture extra exercise
Original picture
Final work
I chose this picture since I could feel it would be a cool image with recoloring his leather jacket, and I feel it worked well. I explored different colors, opacity rates to make it natural, white skin, and blue eyes. I made masks for even the smallest details, like the jacket buttons, necklace, and cross, and was very pleased with the finished piece.





Comments
Post a Comment