Digital photography and imaging - Week 8

-12/11/2025(Week 8)

-Takeguchi Shunta/0386416/Bachelor of Design in Creative Media




LECTURE

No lecture due to independent learning week.




TUTORIAL

No tutorial due to independent learning week.




EXERCISE

No exercise for this week




PROJECT 2

I moved on editing process in Photoshop. I picked the two photos below from the photos I took.

Selected apple photo for editing


Selected blister pack for editing


These two pictures were taken from the same angle, so I thought they could express a realistic reflection when edited as one picture. 
These are the editing steps I took in Photoshop
1. Removing background from each photo
2. Using the ellipse tool, make circles to match the shape of the white pills
3. Select the circle shape and Edit > Content-Aware Fill

Content-Aware Fill screenshot

Content-Aware Fill intelligently replaces a selected area with synthesized image content from the surrounding background. I carefully selected a background to be synthesized by the green color brush. 

4. Place apples in the blister pack
5. Create adjustment layers and clipping masks for grouped apple layers
Curves adjustment


Brightness/Contrast adjustment


Hue/Saturation adjustment


6. Adding blur effects for apples, Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur

The selection process was easy since I used the ellipse tool, taking advantage of the round pill shape. Content-Aware Fill was first time using, but it was straightforward to understand how to use. I struggled with figuring out how to edit the apples to fit into the blister pack, but I think just using what I learned in the practical sections led it sufficient results.

Edited work


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography | Task 1: Exercises

Digital photography and imaging - Project 1