Digital photography and imaging - Week 12

-10/12/2025(Week 12)

-Takeguchi Shunta/0386416/Bachelor of Design in Creative Media




LECTURE

No lecture for this week.




TUTORIAL

No tutorial for this week.




EXERCISE

No exercise for this week.
  



PROJECT 4

I moved to the Photoshop process. I started by choosing ocean pictures that I took while traveling. The pictures I chose are below.

Picture 1 @Chiba(my hometown)


Picture 2 @Valetta, Malta


Picture 3 @Gold Coast, Australia


Picture 4 @Sunshine Coast, Australia


Picture 5 @Bondi Beach, Australia


I intended to choose the pictures where they are taken from the front, facing the oceans, and where there are horizons. I wanted to help people understand my concept for the artwork by selecting the pictures that have something in common. And I also tried to pick the picture from the different locations, as you can see in the captions. 
I paste the pictures like below and add a selective color layer, so that they look more like memorable travel pictures.

Photoshop process 1


After that, I cropped and placed the objects. I chose pictures that remind people of oceans and travel memories. The bench, beach warning sign, and my selfie walking are from my photo album. 

Seashells


Airplane


Palm tree


Bench @St. Julian’s, Malta


Beach Warning sign @Sunshine Coast, Australia


My selfie walking


I paste objects like below.

Photoshop process 2


I wanted to create a rough visual of the objects, so I tried
1. Making a 50% opacity grey color layer 
2. Adding Gaussian noise
3. Blending mode: Lighten
4. Create a clipping mask

Photoshop process 3


I also put a photo filter on the objects and adjusted the curves. They look like vintage sepia pictures now.

Photoshop process 4


I did not include the text in the sketch, but I found it nice to place text on the horizon, so I adapted it as below.

Photoshop process 5


The artwork looks nice so far, but I felt the space between the ocean pictures could be more creative. Therefore, I filled them with colors. I took care of picking colors and added the noise effect to match the mood of this artwork. 

Photoshop process 6


After that, I showed the work to the professor, and he suggested making more contrast for my selfie. So the reworked and final work is below. Overall, I think I could express the old travel magazine style by adding effects to the pictures and objects. 

Before adjusting contrast


Final poster work


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography | Task 1: Exercises

Digital photography and imaging - Project 1