Digital photography and imaging - Week 9
-19/11/2025(Week 9)
-Takeguchi Shunta/0386416/Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
LECTURE
Introduction to digital surrealism. I could learn about the difference
between realism and surrealism. I thought it would be interesting to
combine surrealism with a serious theme or realism with a fantasy theme to
create a gap between the image and the artwork.
TUTORIAL
Introduction to loop animation creation. It seemed hard to move the
background, text, and objects. But I want to try to utilize it in my project
3.
EXERCISE
No exercise for this week.
PROJECT 2
Sketch process https://shuntatakeguchi.blogspot.com/2025/11/digital-photography-and-imaging-week-6.html
Shooting process https://shuntatakeguchi.blogspot.com/2025/11/digital-photography-and-imaging-week-7.html
Previous work https://shuntatakeguchi.blogspot.com/2025/11/digital-photography-and-imaging-week-8.html
The professor gave me an improved idea in the week 9 class, so I started
all over from the shooting process.
He suggested putting an apple, which will not be edited, behind the blister
pack, like the picture below. This change makes it easier for viewers
to identify the objects as apples than previous work.
The process in Photoshop is almost the same as the previous work.
1. Removing background from each photo
2. Using the ellipse tool, make circles to match the shape of the white
pills
3. Select the circle shape and Edit > Content-Aware Fill
Content-Aware Fill screenshot
4. Place apples in the blister pack
5. Create adjustment layers and clipping masks for grouped apple
layers
Brightness/Contrast adjustment
Blue effect screenshot
7. Adding noise effect for apples
Noise effect screenshot
8. Adding shadows using by black pen tool
Shadow on the bottom left of the apple
9. Duplicate the pill-shaped background created with content-aware
fill and place it on top of the apple with soft light and opacity 34% to
make the apples look like in the pill stocks
Compared to the previous work, this work is better at recognizing that
the objects are apples. The apples taken out of the blister pack
also add movement, which I think makes the piece even more
profound.









Comments
Post a Comment